Unclaimed Property/Escheat Information

Funds are reported to the state of the owner’s last address on record. It is extremely important to notify PDC if you have moved and supply us with your current address. If the address we have is incorrect and we cannot contact you to verify your current address, the funds will be escheated to the state of your last known address. If the address is unknown, the funds are reported to PDC’s state of incorporation, which is Delaware as of June 5, 2015. Prior to that date, it was Nevada.

To claim escheated funds, you will need to contact the state. To locate and collect unclaimed funds, please visit the National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators’ (NAUPA) website at http://www.unclaimed.org/ or www.missingmoney.com.

Need to update your address? Click here to find out how.

What is unclaimed property?

Unclaimed property is mineral revenue and royalties that have not been claimed for a specific amount of time (dormancy period). These funds have been held in suspense. We attempt to reunite owners with their property using due diligence letters.

What does escheat mean?

Property is sent to the state of the owner’s last known address based on PDC Energy’s records. Property with no last known address is reportable to the state of the holder’s (PDC’s) domicile (Delaware).

Why was I never notified before that I had money or minerals?

  • Property could have been part of a merger, acquisition and/or divestiture
  • Previous owner did not notify you of minerals when purchasing property
  • Mail could have been returned and we were unable to find your current address

What is a dormancy period?

The dormancy period is the amount of time the government deems an account or asset to be abandoned. Dormancy periods vary by state.

How can I get these funds?

If you are responding to the Unclaimed property letter within the 30 days it was sent, please contact escheat@pdce.com. An analyst will then be assigned to help you with your inquiry.